[Javascript] Questions about document.readyState

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Sun Jun 25 17:35:43 CDT 2006

At 6:21 PM +0100 6/25/06, Nick Fitzsimons wrote:
>If you're looking for something that tells you when the document is completely parsed, but not yet ready to fire the onload event because (for example) it's still downloading graphics, then you're in luck, because some of the best JS coders in the world have been collaborating on solving this problem. Have a look at:
>
><http://dean.edwards.name/weblog/2006/06/again/>
>
>and be sure to check out the comments, as there are a lot of links to places where people have incorporated the code into libraries and so forth.

Nick:

That certainly makes for interesting reading. I took their code and tried it -- although, what it is doing is beyond me. Unfortunately, it didn't appear to solve my problem. But, then again, I may have implemented it incorrectly.

I'm not sure how to express my problem other than to say. I've been working on a CATPCHA sound solution (I know others have already done it). But, I wanted to write something that was simpler and easy to install. All other solutions, I have seen, appear to require all sorts of stuff (i.e., flash, and such) and appear too complicated for the typical web designer/programmer..

I think I have very thing licked except for the timing problem. In some browsers (IE and Safari), the CAPTCHA numbers are said in sequence and in others (FF, Opera, Netscape) they are either all said at once or not at all.

Now, I've tried time delays and such, but nothing yet solves the problem.

Thanks for your link and effort.

tedd