[Javascript] Anchor tags not working

Paul Novitski paul at novitskisoftware.com
Sun Mar 5 17:45:59 CST 2006

At 08:03 AM 3/5/2006, Fraser Baker wrote:
>The website is at www.lifestylemonitor.info
>
>Login using 'demo' for user name and password.
>
>The application causing trouble is the Journal. There are several versions
>of the Journal in the website.
>
>To see a normally functioning Journal, click on Journal, then on Show
>Journal.
>
>To see the abnormally functioning Journal, click on Health, the roll over
>Medical Journal, then click on Show Journal. Note that in this version of
>the Journal, the link under a small part of the editor page icon (lower
>right) appears to be working.

Fraser,

Ironically, the link appears to be active in Firefox but not in
IE.  (Ironic because your software recommends that the user view the
site in IE.)

Debugging this problem amid your very complex web application is
daunting.  What I'd do if I were you is start stripping elements from
your page until the problem is easier to isolate.

I've noticed in the past that anchors can be disabled in IE in
certain circumstances if their CSS positioning is left static.  You
can remedy this by applying {position: relative} to the anchor or its
container.  See my comments in the CSS on this page:
http://www.alistapart.com/d/multicolumnlists/example4.html

Good luck,
Paul