[Javascript] in need of pointers...

Troy III Ajnej trojani2000 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 28 08:46:14 CST 2006

I think there is a solution in case you are targeting IExplorer windows
platforms. You can do apply any kind of fades transitions wipes etc.,
(houndreds of them), using proper filters supported by IE.
You should use a File System Object (FSO) to seek for files and invoke if
any. Or you can use a DSO, a Data Source Object.

Your Screen page HTML can be very small., containing a DIV an IMG and a
BGSOUND, but your script can become very complicated if you decide to use
FSO. DSO is more controlable and programatically standardized, but there is
always a workaround.

There is an alternative as allways.
I'm pointing to the List of names problem.
If you don't like to learn scripting FSO and you are not to familiar with
DSO. But since even a DSO will have to use a coma, separated, list as a
source file, than it doesn't get much more complicated than would with the
standard way.

The guy that maintains the list of names, should be doing it in MS Exel. All
you have to ask from him is to save it in *.csv extension open it in MS Word
find and replace all the newline characters with nothing and save it as
*.txt open it in Notepad add a few letters. f.i.:
   var theNames="
at the beggining of the document
and close  the (") quotes at the end. So you can read this string with the
Script tag even if you dont give it a .js extension.

Write a script that puts them names in an Array than all the rest is almost
a routine.

[I just now have tested the sound tag with: <BGSOUND SRC="stupified.mp3">
and it played perfectly *encoded with FhG (ACM or producer pro), as I was
convinced that BGSOUND accepts only wav formats but I guess I was wrong]

All the files associated with the names should have exactly the same
names.jpg,  .mp3 or .wav

We can get more detailed next time if needed but I guess this is the
simplest and the best solution I can think of right now. Since the main
problem of reading the file of names got to be possible with this aproach. I
consider this problem as solved.

Regards
Troy III
progressive art enterprise