[Javascript] Stopping default action

Steve Clay sclay at ufl.edu
Fri Mar 31 10:12:52 CST 2006

Friday, March 31, 2006, 10:56:14 AM, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Now, since I'm trying to get rid of the in-line onclick on my <a>
> elements

Perhaps I missed too much of this thread, but why bother? Unless you need
advanced features of something like Event.Observe I see nothing wrong with
including event handlers right in the markup since it will only be used by
the browser's native parser.

If you must bother, you probably just need to setTimeout a few ms to
wait until the markup has been parsed into the document before attaching
the events.

Steve
--
http://mrclay.org/