[Javascript] Beware the IDE March...

Mike Dougherty mdougherty at pbp.com
Thu Nov 9 08:48:01 CST 2006

Notepad++  (http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm)

It's not specifically a Javascript IDE, but it's a great general code editor.

There is a language lexer that give you syntax highlighting and block folding (it knows blocks
start with { and end with } so you can 'collapse' the code block via a plus/minus control at the
left of the code.

The bookmark features are also really helpful for jumping to specific sections of code, as well as
using split-screen views on the same source document.

Check it out.