[Javascript] Check browser support for prototype.js

Paul Novitski paul at juniperwebcraft.com
Thu Nov 16 02:04:30 CST 2006

At 11/13/2006 04:23 AM, Aaron Bassett wrote:
>Does anyone know of a quick way to check if a browser is capable of
>supporting the prototype javascript framework?
>I would prefer to stay away from browser sniffing and instead use
>object detection(?) but am unsure as to the minimum I should be
>checking for to ensure support.

I suppose you could test for the existence of a function, object, or
method unique to Prototype.  For example, you could check to see if
Prototype.Version or Prototype.ScriptFragment exists and has a valid value.

documentation
http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Prototype

description
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prototype_Javascript_Framework