[Javascript] Check browser support for prototype.js

Paul Novitski paul at juniperwebcraft.com
Thu Nov 16 02:13:21 CST 2006

At 11/16/2006 12:04 AM, Paul Novitski wrote:
>I suppose you could test for the existence of a function, object, or
>method unique to Prototype.  For example, you could check to see if
>Prototype.Version or Prototype.ScriptFragment exists and has a valid value.

Sorry, I replied too quickly; I was suggesting how to determine
whether Prototype was loaded, not whether the browser at hand can
handle all of Prototype's operations.  Since all I can offer is that
you walk through the Prototype code looking for methods to test for,
I'll defer to my more learned colleagues on this one.

Paul