[Javascript] pb with httprequest and firefox

Nick Fitzsimons nick at nickfitz.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 06:47:58 CST 2006

On 29 Nov 2006, at 09:34:51, Alex Turner wrote:

> My suggestion would be to get JMeter, and set it up as a proxy.
> Then run the test through it and see what the conversation actually
> contains - then you will not be going off on a 'wild goose chase'.

Another good way of viewing HTTP traffic, if you're running Windows,
is Fiddler <http://www.fiddlertool.com>. Written by a chap at
Microsoft, it acts as an HTTP debugging proxy; you can replay
requests with modifications, have breakpoints for certain request/
response conditions, examine raw traffic, view pretty-printed XML
really powerful stuff. It automatically sets itself up in Internet
Explorer as a toolbar button, but other browsers can use it as long
as you configure them to use it as a proxy - I've even had Java
servlets (acting as rewriting proxies) running under Tomcat use it,
so I could see traffic from my PDA to the servlet, then see the
traffic from the servlet to the Internet, and see what happened the
response as it travelled its winding journey back :-)

It's a free download from the above URL, and makes me deeply
unpopular among my colleagues when I start telling them their Content-
Type and cache-control headers are incorrect.

Regards,

Nick.
--
Nick Fitzsimons