[Javascript] pb with httprequest and firefox

Bernu Bernard bernu at lptmc.jussieu.fr
Wed Nov 29 11:20:24 CST 2006

Le Nov 29, 2006 à 1:47 PM, Nick Fitzsimons a écrit :

> On 29 Nov 2006, at 09:34:51, Alex Turner wrote:
>

>> My suggestion would be to get JMeter, and set it up as a proxy.
>> Then run the test through it and see what the conversation
>> actually contains - then you will not be going off on a 'wild
>> goose chase'.
>>

> Another good way of viewing HTTP traffic, if you're running
> Windows, is Fiddler <http://www.fiddlertool.com>. Written by a chap
> at Microsoft, it acts as an HTTP debugging proxy; you can replay
> requests with modifications, have breakpoints for certain request/
> response conditions, examine raw traffic, view pretty-printed XML
> really powerful stuff. It automatically sets itself up in Internet
> Explorer as a toolbar button, but other browsers can use it as long
> as you configure them to use it as a proxy - I've even had Java
> servlets (acting as rewriting proxies) running under Tomcat use it,
> so I could see traffic from my PDA to the servlet, then see the
> traffic from the servlet to the Internet, and see what happened the
> response as it travelled its winding journey back :-)
>
> It's a free download from the above URL, and makes me deeply
> unpopular among my colleagues when I start telling them their
> Content-Type and cache-control headers are incorrect.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nick.
> --
> Nick Fitzsimons
> http://www.nickfitz.co.uk/

Thanks Nick and Alex for your responses.
As I was receiving the data in responseText, I was supposing I could
received any kind of string, even one that is representing a json-
like stuff.
What I do later is just eval( req.responseText ).
The HTTP Content-Type header is actually : "text/html;charset=UTF-8"
I'll try to change the header and let you know.
Thanks again,
Bernard