[Javascript] Share Code with other Web site

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Sat Sep 23 14:18:51 CDT 2006

coldfusion.developer at att.net wrote:
> I'm a newbie to Javasript and was looking for an example of how to use
> JavaScript to share your HTML with other Web sites.  So I would want
> to give them a link to a javascript on my web site that they would copy
> and paste on their web site.

Yep, that's the way it works -- you write your script and host it
on Site A, Site B's owner pastes the link to it into a page, and
your script is fetched by User X's browser from Site A when that
page is loaded.

> The other question is, I will be dynamically generating and passing
> parameters
> into this javacode that will be just for this user.

> 1) Do I have to create a single javascript instance for each output
> or is there a way to have dynamic javascript that populates variables

Does JavaScript have variables? Yes. :-)

Do you have any prior programming experience, and if so in what
language(s)? Perhaps we can relate it to something you're already
familiar with...

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com
                opinion: webtuitive.blogspot.com

                          dream.  code.