[Javascript] Hiding email addresses

Scott Petersen petersen at ma.medias.ne.jp
Thu Sep 28 01:06:13 CDT 2006

In order to hide email addresses from spam address collectors, I have come
up with the following:

    <script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
    var names = new Array("BigBoy","LittleBoy"
,"petersen","Frenchie","hailMary");
    var domains = new
Array("someDomain.com","someDomain.ne.jp","ma.medias.ne.jp","mars.com");
    function mailsomething(x) {
        name=names[x];
        domain=domains[x];
        location.href='mailto:'+name+'@'+domain;
        }
// ]]>
</script>
</head>

This should send mail to BigBoy at someDomain.com. My question is: Does this
really slow down the address collectors?

My thinking is it would since the two parts of the address are not
contiguous, though would not be hard to recover with a half-way
sophisticated robot-collector.

Thank you.