[Javascript] Javascript Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Wed Aug 15 16:09:49 CDT 2007

Hi Alberto,

Mike Dougherty <mdougherty at pbp.com> wrote:
> On 8/15/07, Alberto <vallinis at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Now, why all of a sudden I am receiving this?
>> ...it is over 2 years i didn't get any email,
>> why this is arriving now?
>>
>> Alberto
>
> My guess is that 2 years ago you put a domain-basd filter in your
> email program to throw away the javascript list emails.  Now that it
> is coming from a different domain, they're coming through to your
> inbox.  If you follow the removal instructions they can stop sending
> it since you're not reading it.

Or possibly, 2 years ago, list messages sent to you bounced for a few
days and your subscription was suspended (but not deleted), and when the
subscriber list was moved to evolt.org the "nomail" flags of the
subscribers were not moved with them and you were effectively
"un-suspended".  possibly :-)

-dave