[Javascript] DOCTYPE v JS question

liorean liorean at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 22:11:25 CST 2007

On 03/12/2007, tedd <tedd at sperling.com> wrote:
> Why does giving this file a DOCTYPE prohibit javascript from running
> in some browsers?

The DOCTYPE itself doesn't do anything, but the change in
compatibility mode will change the DOM and some CSS. I suggest you
open up the error console of firefox and read the errors from there.

The actual error, I believe, is that you need to put a unit on all
sizes in CSS in standards mode.

Warning: assignment to undeclared variable whatcache
Source File: http://www.webbytedd.com/cc/scale/a.js
Line: 18

Warning: assignment to undeclared variable prefix
Source File: http://www.webbytedd.com/cc/scale/a.js
Line: 19

Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'width'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://www.webbytedd.com/cc/scale/index1.php
Line: 0

Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'height'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://www.webbytedd.com/cc/scale/index1.php
Line: 0

Warning: assignment to undeclared variable beginzoom
Source File: http://www.webbytedd.com/cc/scale/a.js
Line: 33
--
David "liorean" Andersson