[Javascript] Resizing images client-side

Howard Jess hjess at cardomain.com
Wed Jul 11 17:10:00 CDT 2007

> [Javascript] Resizing images client-side
> From: tedd <tedd at sperling.com>
> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:14:53 -0400
>
> I want to provide user with a way to upload images to my site -- I have
> no problem that.
>
> However, I want the images to be a certain size BEFORE the upload takes
> place. Is there a way to resize images via javascript client-side before
> uploading them?

As others have said, no.

Any Javascript solution won't be effective if the user's browser has
javascript turned off. And any ActiveX/Java applet solution won't be
effective if (same as above).

Upload to a web app (cgi, etc) and use ImageMagick to resize before
storing the image on your server.

--
hj