[Javascript] Resizing images client-side

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Thu Jul 12 07:00:18 CDT 2007

At 5:42 PM -0400 7/11/07, Terry Riegel wrote:
>Ok I see, to save bandwidth then. Because if you resize at the
>server you can dump the original file. The only thing lost is the
>user spent a little more time getting it to you.
>
>Terry

Terry:

Yes that, but it's a bit more. One, not only does the user tie up
their bandwidth, which sometimes the user blames on the site, but the
server receives a hit in two ways. One, if has to spend the time and
memory to receive the large file, and two, it then has a larger file
to reduce.

If the user would trim their files to begin with, then there wouldn't
be a problem. However, educating users is another subject.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------