[Javascript] InnerHTML and CSS Class

Glenn E. Lanier, II glenn_lanier at netzero.net
Tue Mar 20 15:13:57 CDT 2007

Hi,

I've created a simple page
(http://www.lanierconsulting.net-a.googlepages.com/ErrorTest.html) that
displays an problem I'm having. I want to parse my form's inputs, report
errors if any (by creating and styling an unordered list) in a box (with an
appropriate background/color to draw attention) or allow the form to be
submitted.

What I have seems to work, with the exception of the background color/border
displaying when I apply the class to the div. Using Firefox/Web Developer
Toolbar, I can change the size of the text and see it change immediately, so
I know my CSS names are spelled correctly/applied to the item in question.

Any help is appreciated. If there is a better way to approach this task, I'm
all ears.

--G