[Javascript] IE work-a-round question (re: checkboxes)

Mike Dougherty mdougherty at pbp.com
Fri Apr 11 16:48:14 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 4:24 PM, Peter Brunone <peter at brunone.com> wrote:
>     And please...  I'm no Microsoft flunkie, but acting like they're
> singlehandedly holding back the web?  That's just a teeny bit silly.

Of course it wasn't singlehandedly.  They've convinced a lot of people
that since they already have such a large market share that they ARE
the standards body.  The are also a lot of IE-proprietary code
examples on the web that novice developers encounter while looking for
how to write solutions.  That these examples are 5+ years out of date
is not obvious to those who don't know differently.

I may be more bitter than usual since I spent 3 hours today sleuthing
an IE CSS problem (which I won't discuss on a javascript list)