[Javascript] Changing link hover through JS

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Mon Jun 9 14:49:45 CDT 2008

Hey Mike & all,

What about changing the mouseover value for the
body tag through JS? I keep seeing examples
similar that might work, but can't seem to get any
of them to work yet.

Right now I'm trying something like this to no avail.

body=document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0];
body.onmouseover=theme_form.color.value;">
Hyperlinks Hover</a>

Any help, as always, will be appreciated to your
wildest dreams, and then just a smidgen more.

Skip

Mike Dougherty wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 10:45 PM, Skip Evans <skip at bigskypenguin.com> wrote:
>
>> But I also need to set the hover color, and for
>> the life of me can find it nowhere!!!
>>

> there is technically no 'hover color' - you can set the color of an object
> to be displayed when the mouse is over it using either the :hover CSS
> selector or directly set the color in response to the mouseover event (then
> set it back on the mouseout event)
>
> 'hope that helps.  good luck on the next step :)

Skip Evans
Big Sky Penguin, LLC
503 S Baldwin St, #1
Madison, WI 53703