[Javascript] OT: Test

Paul Novitski paul at juniperwebcraft.com
Wed Oct 15 17:13:35 CDT 2008

At 10/15/2008 11:26 AM, James Conley wrote:
>Everyone has moved to using web-forums or replying to blog postings.
>It's a sad day for email-driven lists. Especially sad since the advent
>of being able to get/send email on just about any cellphone with the
>Gmail mobile app. Lists should be growing instead of shrinking.

Speaking just for myself, I haven't gone anywhere.  This is still the
best source of interactive JavaScript advice I know of.  It would be
interesting to learn if the membership of this list has shrunk, or
merely the activity of late.

I haven't been posting here myself much this past year because I've
had twin babies on my hands; 139% of my time is taken up with
fathering and earning a living; luxury activities such as sleeping
will have to wait.  I've unsubscribed (temporarily, I assume) from
all dozen or so listserves I've belonged to -- except this one.  And
JavaScript is hardly my main interest.

I think one reason I like this list is that the traffic is fairly
light and the quality high.  My main PHP list has dozens of posts an
hour and many of them are dross, either off-topic, redundant, or
trivially argumentative.  It was a chore to sift through it in the
best of times, impossible now.

One thing I miss here in particular is solving regular expression
problems and the contributions thereto by Shawn Milo.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Novitski
Juniper Webcraft Ltd.