[Javascript] Lambda calculus [WAS: OT: Test]

Paul Novitski paul at juniperwebcraft.com
Thu Oct 16 00:00:15 CDT 2008

At 10/15/2008 03:19 PM, Mike Dougherty wrote:
>I've been working with regex using a lamba expression for replacement
>values to parse mergecodes from a CMS-like html template.  That the
>lamba expression is also a closure over a particular node in a
>linked/tree of nodes make for some interesting code.  Q: "You can do
>all that in one statement?"  A: "Yup."

Sounds fascinating!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambda_calculus

There's an ECMAScript example here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closure_(computer_science)#Closures_and_first-class_functions

and this:

The New Replace Method's Lambda Expression
http://www.webreference.com/js/column26/lambda.html

Can you show us some examples using JavaScript that you've written
with an explanation of what they do?

Cheers,
Paul