[Javascript] Probe...

Erika Meyer ekm at seastorm.com
Wed Jan 7 13:44:03 CST 2009

Cutter (JSRelated) wrote:
> It is sad. This (LaTech JS) used to be an outstanding list. When I first
> subscribed, back in '99, Peter Paul Koch (PPK) was a major contributor.
> The professor who taught my JS class through Univ of MD was even an
> active member. I'm still subscribed, but traffic has dropped way off
> since the loss of David Merchant, and the move to Evolt. A shame really...
>
> Steve "Cutter" Blades
> Adobe Certified Professional
> Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer

Thanks for the background.  evolt.org is basically a flat-structured
cooperative and so if you want something to happen, you basically have
the opportunity to make it happen.

If there is an old-timer on this list who cares enough and is able to
put in the effort to building it back into something, I'm willing to
help out with things like making sure the lists page gets updated (not
as straightforward as it might seem since it is not yet in our CMS, but
can be done I'm sure).

Without anyone stepping up to steward this (new to evolt.org) list,
nurture it, evangelize it, etc, I'm not even sure what the point is of
keeping it, since thelist is a generalist list.

Erika