[Javascript] Probe...

Terry Riegel riegel at clearimageonline.com
Wed Jan 7 15:07:53 CST 2009

> Cutter (JSRelated) wrote:
>> It is sad. This (LaTech JS) used to be an outstanding list. When I
>> first
>> subscribed, back in '99, Peter Paul Koch (PPK) was a major
>> contributor.
>> The professor who taught my JS class through Univ of MD was even an
>> active member. I'm still subscribed, but traffic has dropped way off
>> since the loss of David Merchant, and the move to Evolt. A shame
>> really...
>>
>> Steve "Cutter" Blades
>> Adobe Certified Professional
>> Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
>>

> Without anyone stepping up to steward this (new to evolt.org) list,
> nurture it, evangelize it, etc, I'm not even sure what the point is of
> keeping it, since thelist is a generalist list.
>
> Erika

I have been a member for 5 or 6 years and I have always found the list
to be invaluable to me and my learning/understanding of Javascript.

There is a lot more information online nowadays regarding more proper
javascript usage (like unobtrusive js), but I find asking here usually
gets me a well rounded answer that not only solves my problems, but
also gives me some insight into best practices and trends.

I think the seemingly ubiquitous "library/framework" is believed to be
the "solution" to all our javascript issues. I personally find it a
bit confusing and appreciate a list like this where I can get answers
about javascript not how to use a framework.

So generally if I am using a framework it is helpful to speed up some
of my development, but a list like this helps my brain actually get a
grasp on how it works.

Terry