[Javascript] Making a Inline validation using js DOM and CSS part II

MEM talofo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 09:49:07 CDT 2009

Ok. I've taken Nicks code.
I think it's very nice because it allows us to create a general function,
and then, using another function to call that first function with some
params. This method of organizing things, allow us
to ON upgrading validateField function, to upgrade automatically all
validations that we may have made with functionvalidar();

But I have several issues:

1)
This works more or less on Firefox (the last field (email), does not ALWAYS
show the error message when it should. But I believe he has the same code as
the other two. Why is this working with only two fields and not with three?

2)
In IE, I get an error when calling the onblur(), it says Error: Object
Expected, here:

<input type="text" name="nome" id="nome" onblur="return validar(nome);"/>
<input type="text" name="idade" id="idade" onblur="return validar(idade);"/>

and here,

<input type="text" name="email" id="email" onblur="return validar(email);"/>

Please take a look here:
http://ludmila.uuuq.com/teste_php_pagina_v6.html

Any clues about how to solve this issues?

Please help,
Regards,
Márcio

Ps- About the link: the server is a temp one, sometimes you may get a 404
error, but it's a temporary issue. The file is there.