[Javascript] disable right click in embdad pdf in browser

Mike Dougherty mdougherty at pbp.com
Tue Jul 27 07:54:01 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 12:49 AM, vivek joshi <vivekjoshi07 at gmail.com>wrote:

>   yes I want to do the same thing,'lock' the pdf from copying, editing, and
> printing

the best you can hope for is to make it so annoyingly difficult that most
people don't bother.  They could install Foxit Reader and not have Adobe
Reader's restrictions on the document.  They could maximize the viewer
window and do a print screen then OCR the image.  They could also have an
intern read and re-key the content (old-school OCR :)  They could attach the
actual file in an email and send it to a dozen friends without your
knowledge or consent.  They could upload to their google docs and share it
publicly with the world too.

I guess I'm back to a philosophical point: If you are making your content
freely available to the public, don't try to demand how they use it once
they have it.  If they've paid for copyrighted material, then the
contractual obligation (EULA) they agreed to at purchase time should be
sufficient.  Don't annoy your paid subscribers by forcing them to read your
pdf on-screen if they prefer to take a printout to a meeting (or to the
park, etc.)

My $0.02 aside, good luck on finding a solution.  I don't have more helpful
advice though.  :)