[Javascript] disable right click in embdad pdf in browser

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Jul 27 08:12:49 CDT 2010

vivek joshi noted:

>>yes I want to do the same thing,'lock' the pdf from copying, editing, and
>>printing

Hi Vivek,

Okay, then you are in luck!  ;-)   However, you don't need any JavaScript to do this.

I don't work with pdf files much ... but if you only have a few files, (and access to the Adobe tool), you can lock each one manually.  If you have too many files to lock manually, (or don't have the budget for Adobe), then google for "scripts to lock pdf files" where you will find links to quite a few freeware, shareware, and commercial products to allow you to lock and unlock pdf files.  You may have to test drive or do some research to figure out which of those will allow scripting to let you lock a lot of pdfs in a single batch.  If you are creating the pdf files dynamically, then look for a locking script in whatever server side language you have available ... you should be able to find what you are looking for.  This is a pretty common situation.

Good Luck,
RonL.