[Javascript] Alternative ways to "popup" images?

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Wed May 12 15:26:34 CDT 2010

At 7:28 PM +0200 5/12/10, forwebonly at web.de wrote:
>My question is:
>
>Is there is a more elegant way to show images in a popup - switching
>landscape- and portrait-mode correctly in between?
>I mean, without that frame poping up and vanishing when loading a
>new larger image ...
>Are there other, better ways?

Other ways, yes:

http://webbytedd.com/b/thumb/larger.php

http://webbytedd.com/c/thickbox/

http://webbytedd.com/c/fade-cycle/

Lot's of different ways to show images.

What you need to figure out:

1. How you want the first page to look (one image, lot's thumbnails, etc.);

2. How you want to introduce the remainder of the images.

One way is to do a story-board layout of what you want and then ask.
Asking for ideas on the javascript and css list will probably result
in not many ideas because it is unclear what it is you are looking
for.

Cheers,

tedd
--