[Sysadmin] (Fwd) Undeliverable Mail

Dean Mah dmah at members.evolt.org
Fri Jan 17 11:15:41 CST 2003

Here's the update.

turns out that it is only for when used as a local delivery agent
(LDA) or sending through UUCP.

I tried to add the header by hacking the cleanup routines as suggested
in the second post.  Unfortunately, it appears that the message only
goes through the cleanup routines once and not for each individual
recipient.  So it would appear that *we* need to hack the postfix's
smtp process which looks to be considerably more difficult without
knowing the code.  The state machine is probably straight-forward but
knowing if and how you can access the headers at that late stage is
going to take some figuring.

One thing that is nice with having two relay boxes, is that you can
point mailman to one of them leaving you free to shutdown postfix on
the other without interrupting list services.

If anyone wants to take a crack at making the changes, feel free.  I
can give you some more information on how to proceed but not much
more.

Dean