[Sysadmin] (Fwd) Undeliverable Mail

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Jan 17 11:28:30 CST 2003

Dean Mah wrote:
> Here's the update.

> turns out that it is only for when used as a local delivery agent
> (LDA) or sending through UUCP.
>
> I tried to add the header by hacking the cleanup routines as suggested
> in the second post.  Unfortunately, it appears that the message only
> goes through the cleanup routines once and not for each individual
> recipient.  So it would appear that *we* need to hack the postfix's
> smtp process which looks to be considerably more difficult without
> knowing the code.  The state machine is probably straight-forward but
> knowing if and how you can access the headers at that late stage is
> going to take some figuring.

ewww, and doesn't sound very portable either (e.g. if we migrated list
services to, say, the eouk raq, which runs qmail)

I'm sure there's a way for mailman to do this - I'll do some poking and
prodding over the w/end if i can find time.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like