[Sysadmin] Unable to post to *@lists.evolt.org from polytechnic.co.uk

Garrett Coakley garrett at gencon.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 10:21:51 CDT 2003

Hiya,

I've got a problem that's been going on for a few weeks now, in that I
can't email any of our lists from my polytechnic.co.uk address[1]. Mail
is being delivered to leo fine, but Qmail appears to be dropping it into
a blackhole somewhere.

John and myself have both had a look but we can't see where the problem
lies. I've even checked open relay lists to see if it was that, but
nada.

This hasn't been a problem so far as I've been far too busy recently to
get involved in anything remotely resembling admin or just general
posting, but as this project I'm on will soon be over it's becoming more
of a priority.

Anyone on here able to come up with any suggestions as to where to look
or stuff to read that might help resolve it?

TIA

G.

[1] It could be more serious than that, I just tried to send this via
spiked.co.uk, which uses the same outgoing mail server
(chillibean.dsvr.co.uk), and it too didn't make it. Hence mailing from
work.