[Sysadmin] RE: [steering] Migration

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sun Mar 2 16:23:29 CST 2003

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, .jeff wrote:

> ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
> > From: Martin Burns
> >
> > All stuff to be addressed in desdev & sysadmin I think.
> ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
>
> no offense, but with our current timeframe, it hardly matters what list we
> discuss this on so long as it gets done in time.

The point is that isn't steering you need to convince. As far as
steering's concerned, as long as desdev's happy for it to be coded with
mssql (particularly if it feels that it can support the app in the 'jeff
goes under a bus' situation) and sysadmin is happy to support/hand over
support of an mssql/win2k setup for weo, and finance is happy with the
costs (which finance hasn't seen *at all* yet) and signs off the budget,
you're right, the only thing steering cares about is the timing.

iow, discuss the details in sysadmin & desdev and bring a worked out
proposal back here for rubber stamp. Steering should not sleepwalk into
the old admin and take over their roles.

<finance rep> Please supply details of and costings for your proposed
win2k/mssql based host, or I doubt budget will be forthcoming. Bear in
mind that rackshack is the current benchmark - $100 a month plus taxes
and a solid setup that isn't dependent on owner goodwill.
</finance rep>

Cheers
Martin