[Sysadmin] tips in the database

Dean Mah dmah at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 23 17:58:51 CST 2003

Okay, I've finally got thetips into a database.  The / filesystem is
low on space which made it difficult to do the import.  I've actually
created a directory /home/mysql/data/thetips and symbolically linked
it to /usr/local/mysql/var/data so it didn't use up all of the space.
Also, had to do 'FLUSH MASTER' every couple thousand transactions to
keep the binary logs from filling the space.

We've also lost the ability to tie w.e.o accounts to tips as there's
no database connection from l.e.o to w.e.o anymore.

I'll work on getting the frontend of the tip harvester working in the
upcoming week.

Dean