[Sysadmin] [ronr at linuxdude.com: bounces]

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Dec 4 18:54:35 CST 2004

David Kaufman wrote:
> [davidk dns diagnostic snippage]
>
> William, I wasn't going to say anything, but why do you think we need to
> run our own DNS, anyway?  I've have all of my domains on EveryDNS for
> over a year and have been 100% satisfied with the top-notch service
> David runs there.  Is there some configuration option you can't do
> through the EveryDNS.net web interface?
>
> [etc etc etc snippage]

I think we need to have local multiple-hands control over our DNS.  Having
everydns slave off bind running on tempest and serve out as our pri/sec is
fine by me as long as changes don't take too long to refresh out.  Can we
get this set up asap then?  If so, that would rawk.  Sorry all for the snafus.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | "There's something about records which is
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |  really satisfying."