[Sysadmin] Come on then... decision time

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Jul 2 09:51:35 CDT 2004

John Handelaar wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Other considerations:
>
> If we bring Eric Meyer with us we not only need to warn him about
> it but we also need virtual domain support.

Exim 3.x (the woody default) has good support for virtual email domains.

I'd say go for exim, as it's simple and straightforward to admin but I can't
speak to it's load handling.  I've seen it handle load "acceptably" here but
with underpowered hardware (not enough RAM, not fast enough disk), so I have
a feeling that the tempest box will handle load with exim acceptably.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | Brodie: The Force is strong with this one
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com |    Jay: Dude, don't encourage him