[Sysadmin] Spec'ing Server

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Thu Jun 3 00:06:53 CDT 2004

Dean Mah wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I think that we should spec out a couple of servers.
>
> 1) In case that we just move l.e.o, d.e.o, and b.e.o to ServerMatrix.
>
> 2) In case that we integrate w.e.o on l.e.o.

I'll take a look and put in my 2 cents, however, I think it would
behoove us to ask ServerMatrix how easy it is to upgrade from one plan
to another. Given that prices keep dropping and hardware speed
increases, if there is a quick easy upgrade path to switch plans, it
might make sense to start small and then migrate as necessary. The
salient point would be to include that in our planning, so we do a roll
out with an eye towards easy migration.

Judah