[Sysadmin] there can be only one...or possibly two...

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Thu Jun 10 10:53:07 CDT 2004

David Kaufman wrote:
> Mike King <mike.king at redroom.biz> wrote:
>
>>What's the situation with evolt Win2k, CF and MSSQL licenses?
>>
>>[...] /me might be able to donate both Win2k and MSSQL licenses
>>in the near future, if required.
>

> ServerMatrix would provide the operating system license, so we wouldn't need
> one of those.  i'm not familiar with SQL Server licensing, but Cold Fusion
> MX (Standard) is $1299 for Windows (or Linux!)
>
> -dave

I wasn't proposing a box at servermatrix running the current weo setup.
I think that just moving the existing setup is not worth the effort. I
was under the assumption that we had pretty much decided that any new
boxes would run debian/redhat and php/mysql/zope, etc.

I don't care to argue any more about the server setup at this point. I
think we'd be well served with any setup we get at servermatrix, one
server or two. I favor a two server setup, but I've got no problems
going along with a one server setup if that's what people want to do.
And since there are many folks here with more linux sysadmin experience
than I, I am certainly willing to defer to their wishes.

Judah