VOTE! was RE: Alternative suggestion: was RE: [Sysadmin] Migrating to ServerMatrix

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Mon Jun 21 14:03:21 CDT 2004

David Kaufman wrote:

> Mike King wrote:
>
>>Is this going to come to a vote?
>>
>>1. Qmail
>>2. Postfix
>>3. Exim
>

> i have worked with each but am most comfortable with, and prefer in this
> order,
>
> 1. Postfix
> 2. Qmail
> 2. Exim

I've not used Exim, but I'd list my preference as:

1. Qmail
2. Postfix

I like Qmail precisely because it has very little active development on
the main package. It only does a small number of things and it does them
well. Of course, all the other surrounding fuctionality (like vpopmail)
is in a constant flux, so there is still a fair amount of maintenence to do.
I've found Postfix to be pretty nice as well, so I'd be happy with that.
I'm not as familiar with it, but I've watched it come along and wouldn't
have any concerns about us using it.

Boy, lots of Sysadmin email to wade through today. Looks like I chose
the wrong time to have a 4 day weekend :)

Judah