[Sysadmin] Maintenance required on your server (rack CR29)

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Thu Nov 4 01:26:45 CST 2004

From: "Scheduled Maintenance" <ttran at theplanet.com>
To: <treasurer at evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 1:30 AM
Subject: Maintenance required on your server (rack CR29)

This message pertains to the hardware connected downstream from
cr29-cat2950t-24-1.

The following hardware devices are affected:
     tempest.evolt.org

In an effort to better serve our customers, it is necessary for The
Planet Engineers to perform maintenance on your servers.  Several weeks
ago, The Planet announced the release of our ROD (reboot on demand)
Technology.  This will allow for remote reboot and remote console
access.

This maintenance is a necessary step in offering this service to you.
Engineers will need to take your servers offline for a 20-30 minutes
time frame between the hours of 12:00am and 6:00am CDT on Friday,
November 5th.

To ensure that your server comes back online properly, please make sure
that the server passwords are updated within Orbit.

Thanh Tran
Support Manager
The Planet Internet Services, Inc.

The send list for this message was generated on demand for affected
customers. This message constitutes a one time only announcement. You
can edit other mailing list preferences in Orbit at
https://orbit.theplanet.com/service_mail_admin.html
TS:CST:11-04-2004 12:30:27 AM