[Sysadmin] Re: qa2's disk almost full

Ben Barrett ben at lunarlogic.com
Thu Nov 18 10:27:22 CST 2004

The only policy I'm aware of is that anything in ~/transit/ can and
might be deleted.  Please feel free to cleanup after yourself....
however, on a server busy with postings, I often leave the more recent
files which have come in handy for reference or re-posting from time to
time, YMMV.  I don't think it is necessary to cleanup after each
posting, but maybe say, onc a month.  You can use Bill's wonderful tool,
'perldu', or can list files in reverse order by size or date with 'ls
-lrS' and 'ls -lrt', unless you have other means... and if you do have
some other clever method, please let me know  :)

regards,

     Ben

--
Ben Barrett <ben at lunarlogic.com> 541.349.3462   Eugene, OR