[Sysadmin] browsers.evolt.org mirror update #2

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Oct 17 15:43:25 CDT 2005

lo troops,

another quick note about stuff to our mirror site admins, cc evolt
sysadministas.  If this has come to the wrong person, please let us
know, and if you know who it's *meant* to go to, please forward it on to
them.

- rsync Live (Again)
====================

rsync to browsers.evolt.org should be working again.  If you're still
rsyncing from downloads.evolt.org.uk, don't.

- Archive Shuffle, New Content
==============================

Along with a site rebuild to make browsers.evolt.org match the spiffy
new look at www.evolt.org, we'll more than likely be upgrading the
Archive site to include more content, and if you folks would like some
puff added about yourselves, please feel free to chuck us a
complimentary paragraph about your site so we can let our visitors know
what cool folk are mirroring and serving the Archive for us.

Along with this, the structure of the Archive may be changed to be more
logical and consistent.  Please ensure that you're using --delete in
your rsync flags so that unnecessary cruft gets removed in any
reshuffle.  We'll get in touch again prior to any major moves so you can
make sure you're ready for it.

- In Summary

To our mirror sites, our continued gratitude to the service you provide
for us!

As always, anon rsync from rsync://browsers.evolt.org/browsers/

Please report problems in the first instance with the Browser Archive
via our contact form at http://evolt.org/contact/

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | It's called a "changeover."  The movie
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | goes on, and nobody in the audience has