[Sysadmin] Migrated the lists

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Oct 20 03:39:40 CDT 2005

William Anderson wrote:
> Dean Mah wrote:
>
>>As the truly observant may have noticed, I sent a couple test messages
>>to sysadmin earlier.  If you really had your eye on the ball, you would
>>have noticed that the messages were sent to sysadmin at lists.evolt.org but
>>were delivered from lists.evolt.org.uk or tempest.evolt.org.
>>
>>I've configured mailman on tempest and all of the lists.  acornparenting
>>is now forwarding all evolt.org lists to tempest.  css-d remains being
>>served from acornparenting.
>>
>>So, we can let the lists run for a bit (a day, an hour, whatever) and
>>then change the IP address of lists.evolt.org in DNS to be the one used
>>on tempest.evolt.org, i.e., 67.19.100.194.
>
> schweet :>  gimme the nod and i'll make the dns change for ya when
> you're happy - I assume A and MX?  also, do we want to run lists on a
> separate IP from www?  we have three or four IPs remember.  Might be
> useful for separation of traffic, i.e. tracking bandwidth usage etc.

Just checked, we have 5 on a /29.  I had 67.19.100.196 earmarked for noc
/ telemetry function, .194 is www, .195 could be mail/lists?  That
leaves .197 and .198 free for SSL, other stuff, blah.

Also just going through the DNS, I've set thewife.eo and assets.eo to
point to dallas, not houston, so remaining on ze raq are:

dir.evolt.org
mail.evolt.org (primary MX, secondary still points to relay.eo)
lists.evolt.org (to be moved as mentioned)

Everything else is now pointing at tempest.  Woo.  Really just dir.eo to
move then!

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | It's called a "changeover."  The movie
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | goes on, and nobody in the audience has