[Sysadmin] Migrated the lists

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Oct 20 03:28:34 CDT 2005

Dean Mah wrote:
> As the truly observant may have noticed, I sent a couple test messages
> to sysadmin earlier.  If you really had your eye on the ball, you would
> have noticed that the messages were sent to sysadmin at lists.evolt.org but
> were delivered from lists.evolt.org.uk or tempest.evolt.org.
>
> I've configured mailman on tempest and all of the lists.  acornparenting
> is now forwarding all evolt.org lists to tempest.  css-d remains being
> served from acornparenting.
>
> So, we can let the lists run for a bit (a day, an hour, whatever) and
> then change the IP address of lists.evolt.org in DNS to be the one used
> on tempest.evolt.org, i.e., 67.19.100.194.

schweet :>  gimme the nod and i'll make the dns change for ya when
you're happy - I assume A and MX?  also, do we want to run lists on a
separate IP from www?  we have three or four IPs remember.  Might be
useful for separation of traffic, i.e. tracking bandwidth usage etc.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      | It's called a "changeover."  The movie
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | goes on, and nobody in the audience has