[Sysadmin] Orbit accounts (Was: Re: garrett would like off theplanet list)

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Tue Oct 14 22:21:18 CDT 2008

Hi Dean,

"Dean Mah" <dean.mah at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey David,
>
> Who is theplanet e-mailing the ticket messages to?  Garrett is
> apparently receiving them and would like to be off the list.

According to the headers in the messages I've been getting all day:

To: treasurer at evolt.org, evolt at gigawatt.com, dmah at shaw.ca,
        garrett at polytechnic.co.uk, john at videoisland.com,
mike.king at redroom.biz,
        neuro at well.com

Each corresponding apparently to the login accounts at orbit.theplanet.com
(ThePlanet's support portal thingy), most of which I created long ago:

 c18338evol
 dkaufman
 dmah
 garrettcoakley
 genghis
 mikeking
 neuro

I just logged in to it, found Garret's user page, and unticked the "Receive
copy of Support Ticket emails for this organization" checkbox, so he should
be bothered no more.  While I was there, I went ahead and granted
everyone's privileges to, well, everything.  Dunno why they weren't before.
Now any of us can open, close tickets, see reports, invoices and whatnot.
Nice that these user-editing options are at least *there* now -- I don't
remember there being anyway to edit users before after they were created
...but *horrible* UI, utterly horrible.

> They don't seem to be going to the sysadmin mailing list since he
> isn't subscribed so I would suspect another alias or directly going to
> him....

Yeah it would be nice if these went to the sysadmin list, eh?  Feel free to
make that happen.

Anyway, if any of these accounts should be removed, updated or others
added, let me know.  Or do it your own dammed selves.  I sent you all your
passwords like half a decade ago.  What, am I supposed to remember them,
too? :-)

-dave