[Sysadmin] css-d HTML and our public archive

Eric A. Meyer eric at meyerweb.com
Mon Apr 21 09:42:17 CDT 2014

Hey all,

I recently found out that our public archive URL no longer forwards from
its old address:

http://archivist.incutio.com/css-discuss/

…to its new address:

http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss

I tried to update the HTML at
http://lists.css-discuss.org/mailman/edithtml/css-d/listinfo.html by
changing one URL for another, but I got this error instead:

"
The page you saved contains suspicious HTML that could potentially
expose your users to cross-site scripting attacks. This change has
therefore been rejected. If you still want to make these changes, you
must have shell access to your Mailman server.
See FAQ 4.48.
Page Unchanged.
"

I get that even if I hit "Submit Changes" without changing anything, so
clearly it hates something about what I've done.

The same thing happened on
http://lists.css-discuss.org/mailman/edithtml/css-d/options.html, as you
might have guessed.

So: any idea what it is about my HTML that Mailman thinks is vulnerable,
and how do we fix that, the URL, or (ideally) both?

--
Eric A. Meyer - http://meyerweb.com/