[Sysadmin] css-d HTML and our public archive

John Handelaar john at userfrenzy.com
Mon Apr 21 15:09:00 CDT 2014

Hi

On 21 April 2014 15:42, Eric A. Meyer <eric at meyerweb.com> wrote:
> I recently found out that our public archive URL no longer forwards from its
> old address:
>
> http://archivist.incutio.com/css-discuss/
>
> …to its new address:
>
> http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss

This one isn't us, sadly, because it was totally the thing I could
have fixed in 30 seconds if we hosted it.

> I tried to update the HTML at
> http://lists.css-discuss.org/mailman/edithtml/css-d/listinfo.html by
> changing one URL for another, but I got this error instead:
>
> "
> The page you saved contains suspicious HTML that could potentially expose

Is it something like this?

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2009-August/066940.html

Perhaps the HTML you're uploading (I can't see it, obv) contains links
to offsite resources?  Not knowing exactly how to fix that we could
certainly attempt to replicate the "offending" <head> elements on a
local domain [1] to see if that got rid of the problem...

jh

[1] ...or put a 301 in the site config to redirect a local URI to its
more-convenient-for-you-to-edit current location, perhaps