[theforum] weo 2b: to OSS or not?

Elfur Logadóttir elfur at elfur.is
Sun Nov 7 18:56:06 CST 2004

.:| From: Martin Burns
.:|
.:| So we need to decide whether - as a point of principle - we want
.:| evolt.org to run on Open Source Software as the default
.:| situation.

I'm for OSS. And a well recognized OSS at that.
Something a good deal of enthusiastic evolters are willing and interested in
maintaining.

Which leads me to almost a threadjacking ... Please respond to this part
with a different subject to make sure that the other half of the discussion
keeps going :)

I think this is the time to go to thelist and call for enthusiastic evolters
to participate in next generation revolving of evolt.org.
To check their pulse, what they want, what they foresee for evolt.org in
near and not so near future. To get them involved in evolt.org and have
their say.
Because far too many of us aren't as enthusiastic evolters as before ...
Although i'll never be an ex evolter, my knowledge base and skillset is
rapidly developing in a totally different direction (my business & law study
is almost complete and i'm heading for further law study - not being able to
use the IANAL claim soon :-/)

Right. Your thoughts and comments welcome.
Thanks
Elfur
*the legalizing one*