[thechat] music recommendation

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Mon Apr 30 11:34:23 CDT 2001

Bob Davis wrote:
> Great story Joe. I wish I could have been there.
>
> I'd like to see him some day.  That had to be an amazing evening.

And very much serendipity - I had never heard of the guy before that.
Bought the record based on the performance!

I believe he's now done some soundtrack work - for the life of me I
can't remember what movie for though.

Street scene has lots of cool people there (some bands I've seen over
the years: They Might Be Giants, Red Elvises, Etta James, Brave Combo,
Sheryl Crow, Keb'Mo, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Al Green). Many others, but
those are the ones who's names I can think of at 9:30 am!

2nd best story - Brave Combo getting maybe 200 people to do the hokey
pokey in a giant circle.

	- Joe <http://artlung.com/>