[thechat] did sumbuddy say evolticon?

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Wed May 30 13:20:41 CDT 2001

On Wednesday, May 30, 2001, at 02:01 PM, Erika Meyer wrote:

>> Erika Meyer wrote:
>>>  leather pants are practically a requirement for evolticon, you know.
>>
>> when will the next one be? :-)
>>
>> 	- joe <http://ArtLung.com/>
>

> I don't know.  I think we got bogged down in "where."

Yeah...the when should be around March/April or so for the "official"
meeting, but there was talk of a more social thing too (which can happen
any time) just because we have such a good time together.

> I think it we had it narrowed down to Amsterdam, London, Vienna, a
> remote coastal village in southern Chile, Yukon, Yukitan, or somewhere
> in the Rocky Mountains.  I think there is a definite leaning toward
> "anywhere but the U.S."

I had a vote in for Cape Town too, but nobody liked it. :(
(they have really good, cheap wine - Check out KWV or Kanonkop)

> I'm shooting from the hip & I'm sure I left some out.  The Portland
> faction was pretty loud, but were shouted down by the European faction.

Not shouted down..not at all. Portland was a popular option.

> Was there ever a resolution of any sort?

Not really. I think we decided that we had a lot of time to think about
it and make a decision when everyone was more in touch with what the
finances would be then.

> I'd place my bets on Amsterdam to win, London to place, and Portland to
> show.  But I don't know, the southern hemisphere might rally...

I'd be inclined to go with Amsterdam, Portland and London (just a little
order change).
Portland might win out though. Hell, I'd be game for another stab at
SXSW even if it was just for fun. I had a blast.

The show itself though was a little weak.  Maybe it'll just get better
every year.

bob
--
bob davis