[thechat] Need a Hardware Geek

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Fri Jun 1 13:06:41 CDT 2001

I'm running low on options, so I hope there's a hardware geek here.

Just assembled a new computer (first time) and it's been running great for
about two weeks.  Yesterday, though, I was booting up, and after the OS
came up, the system cut off (continued to run, but the OS
disappeared).  Ever since then, it does the same thing, it starts up (hard
drive spins, CD-ROM spins, lights come on, mobo fan comes on) but it
doesn't boot up (no signal to the monitor, no startup beep, etc.).

I checked the case-mobo jumpers and they were all connected fine.  That was
about the only thing I could think of.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Or, does anyone know of a good troubleshooting guide (online preferable,
but if there is a good book, that's cool)?

--Ben

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer
Imaginuity Interactive