[thechat] Can you survive on Linux alone?

Bruce Heerssen bheerssen at visualbridge.tv
Mon Jun 4 14:37:17 CDT 2001

Joe wrote:
> This is an interesting question - but for web kidz like us we always end
> up having all kinds of boxes around. On any given day I use WinNT, Mac,
> FreeBSD, and Linux. I can't imagine surviving on any OS alone. :-\

That is a *good* point. More OS's is a Good Thing.

@home:
Win98 (primary play box, at home workstation)
RedHat (currently having "issues")
RedHat (working and awaiting duty as firewall)

@work:
Solaris (2 servers)
Mac (2 for testing)
WinNT (1 server, misc workstations)
Win2k (my primary workstation)
Win98 (encoding station)

And these are just the ones I personally use. There are more around in the
office, including a couple of Linux workstations (don't know what flavor, I
suspect redhat).

-Bruce