management's understanding of technology (was Re: [thechat] Watch for me on the news tonight!)

spinhead evolt at spinhead.com
Fri Jul 27 16:02:39 CDT 2001

wish i could add to the tales of woe, but our two founders are
propeller-heads like me(one designed the first phone Qualcomm made, the
other designed the chip that made it work,) and they think the folks
building things should decide how to build it.  they throw money at projects
with both hands, and LOVE to be told they're wrong, 'cause that way they're
learning something new.

if you know any engineers who'd like to help design chips and boards in
sunny san diego, send 'em this way

spinhead